The responsibilities of a Construction Manager are to supervise, coordinate and manage all residential home construction.
· Schedule and supervise daily trade partner activities in accordance with Co-Construct job schedules and business partner signed scopes of work.
· Plan and schedule all construction activities on homes from start to finish in assigned community.
· Inspect and ensure that work is in compliance with City/County/State requirements and building codes.
· Maintain homes under construction in addition to the community itself in a condition presentable to our customers and within the acceptable standards of the company.
· Provide trade partner feedback to the Area Construction Manager concerning the trade partner’s timeliness and attention to detail
· Communicate construction progress and home completion date to the company by accurately updating and submitting the weekly production report.
· Work closely with the sales, customer care, and management team to ensure open communication on all matters; develop a strong environment conducive to proactive resolution of issues and strong commitment to producing a quality product
· Maintain the construction documents (lot files, trade associate files and plan rack) at the job site so that all pertinent information is readily available to management and the other field associates.
· Conduct pre-construction meeting, if applicable, with customer and oversee the construction, inspection and scheduling of the entire home using inspection forms, plans and procedures
· Review and approve start packages prior to beginning construction of homes.
· Act proactively to resolve homebuyer or homeowner issues.
· Aid the Customer Care Representative with all outstanding customer care requests to make sure that they are being completed in a timely manner and approved by the customer.
· Recruit, actively communicate with and train business partners on safety, quality requirements and payment procedures, to assure a solid vendor base.
· Maintain a current working knowledge of all applicable building codes and OSHA job safety regulations.
· Secure the companies property and protect it from theft, vandalism and damage.
· Ensure compliance with the company’s safety program.
Attend construction meetings and training classes as scheduled.
High school diploma or GED required
· College degree preferred
· Minimum of 3 years of experience in a construction related field
· Experience with the home building process and practices.
· Knowledge of building codes, understanding of critical path scheduling methods and safety.
· Valid driver’s license and a good driving record and valid auto insurance coverage
· Working knowledge of new technology such as iPads
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills